Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can't Turn On My Personal Hotspot On iPhone 5S

Hi everyone,

Since upgrade to IOS 8.1.2 I can't turn on my personal hotspot via Mac. Even the iPhone is in range and detected by Mac.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 7:37 AM

Hi lmsv672816,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with Personal Hotspot issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

Basic troubleshooting

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
  2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.
  4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.
  5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  6. Install the latest version of iOS.
  7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2015 7:37 AM in response to lmsv672816

Hi lmsv672816,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with Personal Hotspot issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

Basic troubleshooting

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
  2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.
  4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.
  5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  6. Install the latest version of iOS.
  7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

I Can't Turn On My Personal Hotspot On iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.