Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xbox one to iMac

hi i have an Apple iMac MF883B/A All-in-One Desktop Computer, Dual-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB, 21.5" and i was wondering if i could hook up my xbox one with it and if so what i would need?

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 9:04 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2015 9:52 AM in response to graphic__designer

Hi graphic__designer,

From your question, it sounds like you are asking about Target Display Mode, a feature that allows certain iMac computers to function as an external display for certain other Macs. With regards to using it as an external display for a gaming system like an XBox, you may find the following article helpful:

Can I use the iMac in TDM as a display for my gaming console, DVD player, or other device?
The Mini DisplayPort port on a supported iMac can receive DisplayPort compliant video and audio signals. Converters not made by Apple may provide options to convert other electrical, video, and audio protocols to Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt compliant signals.

Target Display Mode: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

xbox one to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.