Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DYMO Twin Turbo Label Doesn't work with OSX Mavericks Fix

I had some issues with Dymo Label Writing software not working with my iMac after updating to Mavericks. I couldn't find any help online until I decided to contact Dymo and their response saved my printer. I haven't tried this fix on Yosemite but it's worth a try if you are having issues.

Please note: this is ONLY for Twin Turbo models made 2006/2007.

An update is needed to allow some early versions of the 400 series Twin Turbo (the dual bay printer that just says "Twin Turbo" on the front without a preceding number) to work with Mac 10.9.4 and above. Please do the following:

Only use this on original LabelWriter Twin Turbo printers (400 series manufactured in the 2006-2007 timeframe).

DO NOT use with the 450 Twin Turbo or on any other printers.

Instructions:

• Unplug the LabelWriter from the computer
  • Download .zip file from THIS LINK. http://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Mac/TwinTurboUpdater.zip
  • Open .zip file and launch the "TwinTurboUpdater" app.
  • Connect the LabelWriter Twin Turbo via USB to the Mac.
  • The Update button should activate.
  • Press the Update button.
  • Confirmation of update should display.
  • Unplug the power cable for 10 seconds.
  • For Mac 10.10, reinstall Dymo Label 8.5.2
  • Plug printer back in.
  • Test to see if you can print.

Note: it is possible that a new printer will be added to the system In the DYMO Label Software, be sure to choose the newly added printer if that is the case. To delete the previous printer, browse to System Preferences> Print and Scan, click on the previous DYMO Twin Turbo and click the - button to delete it.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 1:16 AM

Hiya Knight4truth,

Thank you for sharing this content with discussions.apple.com.

I would just like to add a thumb of verification to the contents of this post and to reassure everyone that the steps are correct and will in no way cause harm to your Mac or to your Twin Turbo printer.

The fix should also work the very same on Yosemite just as it does on Mavericks without any extra steps needed.

I would however also like to add that it is not guaranteed to resolve the issue you are experiencing with your Twin Turbo on OS X 10.9+ and as such if you still have issues I recommend you get in direct touch with us at DYMO for further assistance, please do mention that you have already tried the steps above so that you do not run the risk of getting a repeat of things to do.

You can find our contact details on the following:

North America

United Kingdom & International

With best regards,

Jesper K

DYMOSupport

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2015 1:16 AM in response to knight4truth

Hiya Knight4truth,

Thank you for sharing this content with discussions.apple.com.

I would just like to add a thumb of verification to the contents of this post and to reassure everyone that the steps are correct and will in no way cause harm to your Mac or to your Twin Turbo printer.

The fix should also work the very same on Yosemite just as it does on Mavericks without any extra steps needed.

I would however also like to add that it is not guaranteed to resolve the issue you are experiencing with your Twin Turbo on OS X 10.9+ and as such if you still have issues I recommend you get in direct touch with us at DYMO for further assistance, please do mention that you have already tried the steps above so that you do not run the risk of getting a repeat of things to do.

You can find our contact details on the following:

North America

United Kingdom & International

With best regards,

Jesper K

DYMOSupport

Apr 7, 2015 11:33 PM in response to ghill47

Dear ghill47,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, the link to the Dymo Label Software v.8.5.2 is temporary unavailable. We are currently working on fixing the issue and hopefully the original link will be available soon.

However, you can use the temporary link to download the DLS v.8.5.2 for Yosemite.

DLS v8.5.2 Mac Yosemite

http://we.tl/4Wtu9zYCiQ

With best regards,

Silviya T

DYMOSupport

Dec 12, 2015 1:35 PM in response to knight4truth

OH Sweet Mary, THANK YOU!

This solution WORKS!!!

I have deleted, reinstalled, downloaded, Googled, contacted Dymo customer service...NOTHING worked until I found this post.

Please accept a sincere thank you from a near-daily Dymo Twin Turbo user.

(P.S. Is it just me or is Mavericks the slowest, buggiest worst OS Apple launched in the last 10 years? I avoided upgrading this particular Mac for a long time until I could no longer avoid it. Thinking of immediately going to Yosemite. Won't do El Capitan because some of my very expensive programs are not supported under it. Heavy sigh...)

DYMO Twin Turbo Label Doesn't work with OSX Mavericks Fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.