Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User-level Profile Management -> "Logins disabled for" Mail

I've set up a fresh install of Yosemite (10.0.1) and Server.app (4.03) and turned on a number of services successfully.

I want to use Profile Manager to handle the configuration of enrolled devices, but I want to manage the minimum number of variants (i.e. fully populated for a user, but shared amongst devices) so I've set up the user profile with Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. I don't intend to get fancy with settings so this is all we need.

The payloads for these three services should be device-agnostic and the Macs work fine, yet I'm receiving an error on iOS devices for the Mail configuration; specifically, "Cannot get mail. Logins disabled for [Mail Account Name]".

I've verified the settings that were pushed onto the iOS devices and they look fine. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if the only the recourse is for me to set up a device-level configuration (perhaps as a per-user device group as the next degree of low maintenance configuration).

Thank you

Mac mini, OS X Server, Mid-2010

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 12:16 PM

3 replies

User-level Profile Management -> "Logins disabled for" Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.