Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synched photos won't delete from iphone5

I have followed directions on how to delete synched photos (from iTunes to my iphone 5) but to no avail. I used these directions:

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

1. In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
  2. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Still, the photos refuse to be deleted. Argh! Any suggestions? I have rebooted my computer and my phone both. No luck. Many thanks!

--Amy

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 10:31 PM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2015 10:41 PM in response to aweissfeld

I have successfully deleted photos that synced to my iPhone by following the steps, hoping it will be helpful for you.

Step 1.Connect iPhone with computer via the USB cable and launch iTunes;

Step 2. Click your iPhone on iTunes and navigate to Photos window;

Step 3. Check "Sync Photos from", then choose an empty folder and click "Apply". After the syncing, you will find synced photos on your iPhone are deleted completely.

synched photos won't delete from iphone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.