Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod 5th gen is stuck in "Connect to Itunes/Recovery mode" mode

My iPod 5th generation (IOS 7.0.1) is stuck in "Recovery mode".WARNING my iPod is Jailbroken.

Prior to this happening I sent my iPod to a local Technician's shop to replace my screen witch had been slowy becoming less and less responsive.When I got it back it was stuck in recovery mode.

I do not remember every thing I downloaded from cydia.And I honestly doubt that the Technician did anything malicious to it.

I have tried (In no particular order)

1.Connecting into iTunes with the official lighting cable.I then opened iTunes telling me to Update or Restore my iPod.I tried "Restore" then iTunes downloaded IOS 8 and extracted the update it shut down my iPod then it said waiting for response and the iPod went back into recovery mode and said "Error code 21". and then tried "Update" and yet again got Error code 21. and I also went on apples solutions page for error code 21 and did everything that the page suggested me to do and it got me nowhere.

2.Used Redsn0w's "get out of recovery mode" and my iPod then briefly shuts off and back into "Recovery mode" then tried Redsn0w's "Restore" to re-install IOS 7.0.1.Redsn0w said "Unsupported Firmware".I then tried IOS 6.0. and told me that apple isnt signing blobs

3.I used Tiny Umbrella's "Exit Recovery" while using the TSS server.and then it shut off then turned back on to go back into "Recovery mode".I then put my iPod into DFU mode and tried "Fix Recovery" In Tiny Umbrella's log it says "Attempting to fix recovery...,Starting to fix recovery...,Fix recovery has finished,Allow device to reboot!".The entire time my iPod screen is black and I have waited for 10+ minutes and nothing happens.

4.I tried using iTunes to recover my iPod while the iPod was in DFU mode.And still stuck in "Recovery mode".

5.I made sure my iTunes was updated.

6.Unplugged everything except for my mouse and tried every USB port on my computer.and in between switching tried to "Restore" still Error code 21 then tried "Update" and my iPod and I still got Error code 21 on every attempt.

Any response on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.1, 5th Generation

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 9:18 PM

3 replies

My iPod 5th gen is stuck in "Connect to Itunes/Recovery mode" mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.