Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased songs not showing as purchased in Store

I wanted to "complete" a few albums I have but the songs do not show as "Purchased" in the iTunes store.

If I do Show info in my library it shows me the date the 3 tracks were purchased but none show in the store.

Any way to fix this?

iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 1:26 AM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Clifford Mould

Howdy Clifford,

Is is possible that the songs you have that don't show as "purchased" were purchased under a different Apple ID? That might cause the issue you are experiencing. If that is the case you can sign in to the iTunes Store using the Apple ID used to make the purchase and then complete the album from there. To change the Apple ID in use for the iTunes Store, use the directions in this article -

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID - Apple Support

In particular the section titled iTunes (including iTunes Genius, iTunes Home Sharing, iTunes Match, iTunes Store, and iTunes U)

If this is not the case, you may want to report the issue to the iTunes Store. See this article -

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Specifically -

• If you can't find the item that you purchased in the iTunes Store, report a problem with the item. You can report a problem with a purchase made within the last 90 days.
  • If you have a problem with an older purchase, contact iTunes Store support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Feb 1, 2015 4:47 AM in response to Clifford Mould

This is ridiculous.. Trying to contact support and it wont let me in anywhere for iTunes store issues.

I even found the purchase receipt emil and cliked on the "Report a problem" link and it takes you to the generic help pages.

Wish I'd stuck to buying CDs <sigh>

I should NOT need any sort of AppleCare cover for something I have paid for !

I'll have to thry at the Apple store but no doubt will need an appointment 😟

EDITED - Ok finally found my way in to an Email support..... WIll see how that goes..

Feb 3, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Clifford Mould

OK apple support pointed me to this page to "unhide" purchases.

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support

And I did find what seemed like hundreds of hidden tracks. No idea why!!

They now show in my "purchased" list in the store. However if I go to an album where I have 3 tracks, they are still not showing as purchased so I cannot complete the albums I want.

So I'm going back to buying CD's as its much more reliable.

Purchased songs not showing as purchased in Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.