Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your password does not meet the requirements of the server" regardless of password.

I just installed yosemite on a macbook air. When I enter my password it informs me that I must enter a new password. When I enter a new one, i get a message "Your password does not meet the requirements of the server" regardless of password (I have tried all many combinations Capital letters, numbers, punctuation marks). The computer was working fin before.

What server are they talking about?

What do i do?

possible to rollback Yosemite?

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 2:45 PM

Thanks for the response

I just start the computer then click on my account, promoted for password, I enter my password the same as was working before. Then the computer displays another dialog box which says that I must change my password (new password, confirm new password and hint). I enter all those and get the error "Your password does not meet the requirements of the server". So I can't even get into my macbook anymore.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the response

I just start the computer then click on my account, promoted for password, I enter my password the same as was working before. Then the computer displays another dialog box which says that I must change my password (new password, confirm new password and hint). I enter all those and get the error "Your password does not meet the requirements of the server". So I can't even get into my macbook anymore.

Feb 2, 2015 3:25 AM in response to peymanz

Thank you everyone for trying to help. I reinstalled Yosemite and the problem persisted.

Now I will just try to reinstall hoping I can get into my computer.

Now I will to google a little on how to do a clean install without actually getting into my computer.

I have all my files online, so I will not loose anything but the time.

Would have been nice to know what the problem was.

Feb 2, 2015 5:36 PM in response to peymanz

Do a backup before doing anything.

If you want to make a clean install, boot into the Recovery Volume (command - R) on a restart, use Disk Utility to Verify/Repair the disk and run Repair Permissions. Then erase the hard drive using Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format using the Options button to select GUID. Reinstall the OS. Restart normally and test. Use Setup Assistant or Migration Assistant to import what you want.

Clean Install

"Your password does not meet the requirements of the server" regardless of password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.