Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 IOS 8.1.3 'update requested' for so many hour

Why I can't update my IOS... im new to apple device..

I went to settings > general > Software Update and the new iOS 8.1.3 was there and I press on update...

Then it show 'Update Requested' for at least 2 hour..

I don't dare to switch off phone or turn off the wifi... So what can I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:50 AM

You can do anything you want. There are approximately 400 million phones eligible for the update, so some people will have to wait. You don't need to leave it on that screen, but I can't imagine why anyone would ever turn off WiFi. It doesn't save power, and it increases the likelihood that your phone will use cellular data. Just go back to the update page in a few hours.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to goodben47

You can do anything you want. There are approximately 400 million phones eligible for the update, so some people will have to wait. You don't need to leave it on that screen, but I can't imagine why anyone would ever turn off WiFi. It doesn't save power, and it increases the likelihood that your phone will use cellular data. Just go back to the update page in a few hours.

iPhone 6 IOS 8.1.3 'update requested' for so many hour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.