Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 13014 What is this?

My iTunes won't open on my MacBook Pro.

It gives me an error code 13014.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Nadine

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:19 AM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Nadsbell

You do not tell us what versions of OS X & iTunes - neither do you describe what exactly happens in detail when " iTunes won't open on ... MBPro" The full error message verbatim and/or a screenshot would be very helpful.

Neither do you mention what might have changed since your last joy in opening iTunes - add software, upgrade/update software, add peripherals, etc.

"error 13014" in Support documents (only a couple) refer to iOS devices and the iTunes Store - if relevant > Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support plus iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support (linked from within that doc)

Discussions search reveals several threads - CLICK Here > itunes+error+13014+mac+site:discussions.apple.com

In one result, our friend posted

------

Linc Davis Apr 8, 2014 7:31 PM
Re: i keep getting an error message 13014 in response to nisa1

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It’s unlikely to solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

The purpose of the test is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party software that loads automatically at startup or login, by a peripheral device, by a font conflict, or by corruption of the file system or of certain system caches.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards, if applicable. Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem. You must hold down the shift key twice: once when you turn on the computer, and again when you log in.

Note: If FileVault is enabled, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a Fusion Drive or a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. Same problem?

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of the test.

-----

UNFORTUNATELY, the poster never responded - BUT, Safe Mode is a way of eliminating a lot of issues at once.

ÇÇÇ

May 1, 2016 4:26 PM in response to Nadsbell

I have a Macbook Pro and I have a similar problem ...

Some time ago I decided to move my iTunes library from the internal HDD to an external HDD (WD My Passport for Mac) as it was taking up too much of my internal HDD. Before transferring my library I partitioned the 2T drive, giving iTunes around 400GB and everything worked fine. Unfortunately I recently filled the 400GB iTunes partition completely - which prevented me from updating my iPhone/iPad apps (or any iTunes content) so I attempted to extend the partition. This didn't work, so I created a second partition (600GB) on the same external HDD. So I now have two iTunes partitions - both of which hold the same iTunes data - copied in its entirety across to the new partition. I renamed the old directory added " Old" on to the end of the partition name and and renamed the itl and xml files (adding ".old" to the end of the filenames). I then changed the path in iTunes preferences to point to the new directory but it failed. I now keep getting the same error "An unknown error occurred (13014)." and I can't seem to get beyond it.

I have downloaded the latest version of iTunes but that hasn't helped either ... I religiously keep up with updates anyway, so I hadn't expected that t do anything.

Also ... I just tried the "Safe Mode" suggestion above and that didn't help either.

Please can you help?

Error code 13014 What is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.