Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2009 27" Imac has pale yellow lines, did not start up, currently running in safe mode

I am currently in Safe Mode on my Imac. The situation:

When I left for work, my Imac was running fine and I put it to sleep before leaving. When I arrived home, there were pixelated tiny squares on the screen which was frozen. When I started it, a white start up screen with pale yellow lines was all I got, before the screen went blank for hours. I read about how to start it in safe mode and am now copying all my information.

What is this problem? I can run the computer in safe mode obviously, but is it something with the hard drive itself? I just had it fixed about a year ago. I think this is a cruel way for Apple to make money. I thought this would last for a while longer....

Do I have to replace this computer? What can be expected? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:28 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 6:38 PM in response to Jimbroane

Got exactly the same problem. It had once per week used to freeze and compelled to reset by disconnecting the power, but the last event had no good recovering.

I noticed Apple acknowledged the problem with 2011 iMac generation but I can't see likewise for our model.

I wonder what the diagnosis and Apple's feedback will be. I expected my iMac to last long. However it goes, another long procedure a trips to fix it and recover the data. Beautiful system though otherwise. Other annoying think was the erratic behaviour of the magic mouse after upgrading from Lion.

I am sure Apple is aware of this problem and has by now a fair solution.

Did you repair yours?

Chance it is a software problem - like a video card driver?

Cheers

My 2009 27" Imac has pale yellow lines, did not start up, currently running in safe mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.