Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take to install iOS 8.1.3?

I'm still at 8.1.0 on my iPhone 6 so I figure it'll take longer than if I was already at 8.1.2.

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:48 AM

45 replies

Feb 1, 2015 2:39 PM in response to Mark Castleman

There must be something very wrong with your phone and iPad or with the way you are doing the update. You say that you are on your 9th attempt to update your phone. That is very odd. And for your iPad to take 76 hours is also very odd. My updates on my iPhones and iPads each took about 20 to 30 minutes. I would suggest a trip to an Apple Store to have a genius assessment to see where the problem is.

Feb 1, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Mark Castleman

Are you updating over the air on the device, or using iTunes on your computer? The over the air update is about 130 MB, so even on a slow connection it shouldn't be more than a few minutes. The iTunes update is 2 GB, so a high speed connection is essential. In addition, any antivirus that has real time file scanning enabled will slow it to a crawl, no matter how fast your Internet connection is. So disable your antivirus entirely, or at least turn off real time scanning before trying to update.

Feb 1, 2015 4:46 PM in response to romad

This is through iTunes. We have a 7Mb/s DSL line and doing various speed checks shows that it is within parameters. There is no anti-virus software on my iMac. My suspicion is this is something on CenturyLink's end (which they vehemently deny) since our previous iPhone 4's took huge amounts of time to update as did our original iPad.

I just keep trying.

How long does it take to install iOS 8.1.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.