Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad photo stream

iPad mini photo stream stopped updating windows vista pc using ios 8.1.2 on iPad.

Has been working ok until recently

Any clues ?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 8:29 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2015 9:17 AM in response to gaberlunziehouse

Hey there gaberlunziehouse,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with your Photo Stream not pushing pictures to your Windows PC. I have an article for you that can help you address this issue, and it can be found here:

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203511

I have iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel) and signed in, but when I go to iCloud Photos, I see a message that says I'm not signed in.

If you see either of these messages and you're already signed in, you need to apply your settings:

• "iCloud Photos is not enabled. Open iCloud for Windows 4.0."
  • "iCloud Photos is not enabled. Open iCloud Control Panel."

To apply your settings in Windows 8.1:

1. Close the Windows Explorer window that has the message.
  2. Go to the Start screen, click the down arrow User uploaded file in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
  3. Select Photos.
  4. Next to Photos, click Options.
  5. Select My Photo Stream. If you want to share certain photos, select Photo Sharing as well.
  6. Click OK, then click Apply.
  7. Return to iCloud Photos.

To apply your settings in Windows 8:

2. Go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
  3. Select Photos.
  5. Select My Photo Stream. If you want to share certain photos, also select Photo Sharing.

To apply your settings in Windows 7:

2. Choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Select Photos.
  5. Select My Photo Stream. If you want to share certain photos, also select Photo Sharing.

I added some photos to My Photo Stream on my Windows PC, but they don't appear in the Recently Added album or My Photo Stream album on any of my devices.

1. To see if your computer and other devices are online, try to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, iCloud Photos can't send or receive updates from My Photo Stream. You might need to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your PC, Mac, or iOS devices.
  2. On your computer, open iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel) and make sure that you're signed in to the same iCloud account that you're using on your other supported devices.
    • In Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen, click the down arrow User uploaded file in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
    • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, and click the iCloud tile.
    • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Click the Options button and make sure that My Photo Stream is turned on.
  4. Close and reopen iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
  5. Restart your computer.

Make sure that you used one of the methods below to add photos to My Photo Stream with iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel) on your Windows PC.

Add the photos using the Add Photos button in iCloud Photos:

1. Open a File Explorer window (Windows 8 or 8.1) or Windows Explorer window (Windows 7).
  2. Under the Favorites menu, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Double-click My Photo Stream.
  4. Click Add photos.
  5. Select the photos that you'd like to add and click OK.

Or you can copy photos from a folder to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder:

1. Confirm the location of your Uploads folder.
  2. Open iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
    • In Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen, click the down arrow User uploaded file in the lower-left corner, then click the iCloud app.
    • In Windows 8, go to the Start screen, then click the iCloud tile.
    • In Windows 7, choose Start menu > All Programs > iCloud > iCloud.
  3. Click the Options button next to iCloud Photos.
  4. Open a File Explorer window (Windows 8 or 8.1) or Windows Explorer window (Windows 7).
  5. Go to the iCloud Photos folder location listed in iCloud for Windows 4.0 (or iCloud Control Panel).
  6. Open the Uploads folder.
  7. Open the folder that contains the photos that you want to add to My Photo Stream.
  8. Copy them into the Uploads folder.

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

iPad photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.