Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto damaged + Macbook Air so no disks

Update via AppStore doesn't work, so how do I fix it?

Anybody know the steps?

Thx

R

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 11:02 AM

9 replies

Jan 28, 2015 11:10 AM in response to raapkes

Iphoto is damaged and I have no disks, what are the steps to fix this?

Please describe the problem in more detail. When are you seeing an error message that iPhoto is damaged?

What is the exact error message?

To update using the App Store delete iPhoto from the Applications folder (don't empty the Trash).

Sign into the App Store with your Apple ID.

If iPhoto is shown on your Purchases page, reinstall from that page. If iPhoto is not shown among your Purchases,open the main page of the App Store "Featured" and type iPhoto into the search field. Then reinstall from there.

Jan 28, 2015 11:11 AM in response to raapkes

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Jan 28, 2015 11:26 AM in response to raapkes

Now I worked out works:

My MacAirbook (mid 2011) was preinstalled, no disks since no disk drive...

IPhoto is damaged. tied the AppStore which tells me I didn't purchase IPhoto there, so can not delete Iphoto and re-install.

What are the steps to get IPhoto to work again? Need it or Aperture to get the ICloud going...

Thanks

Raapkes,

Netherlands

Jan 28, 2015 11:35 AM in response to raapkes

AppStore tells me it wasn't purchase there. Correct, it was preinstalled when I bought the AirBook

If cannot update the version you have installed, because you did not buy it from the AppStore, you can delete it and purchase it from the AppStore.

The Apple page lists iPhoto as free - so purchase it.

• Just delete iPhoto from the Applications folder (don't empty the Trash).
  • Sign into the App Store with your Apple ID.
  • open the main page of the App Store "Featured" and type iPhoto into the search field. Then reinstall from there.

User uploaded file

Iphoto damaged + Macbook Air so no disks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.