Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Messages won't work. Help?

Hello. I have a macbook pro running os Yosemite. I am trying to use my messages application, so I don't have to use my iPhone/iPad to text with iMessage. Everytime I launch the application on my mac, I sign in to my apple id. I am 100% sure I am right, the password and login ID are correct, but it keeps saying that it is wrong. I use the same apple ID as i do with my iPhone and iPad for iMessages. I tried going through preferences and logging in from there, but it still doesn't allow me to log in. I am running the latest ios for iPad mini 1.8.3, and 1.7 for iPhone 4 (my iPhone doesn't have any plans). Please any help 🙂.

It keeps saying "Messages can’t log in to <censored my email> because your login ID or password is incorrect."

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 4:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2015 8:04 AM in response to MacUserNo.1

Hello MacUserNo.1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are attempting to log into Messages on your Mac but are receiving an error that your Apple ID or password is incorrect. Even though you are sure that they are correct, it may be necessary to change your password to ensure a correct password. Please use the steps in the attached article to complete this process.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Macbook Pro Messages won't work. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.