Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are only some tracks burnt from my playlist?

I created a new playlist (iTunes 12.0.1.26) and tried to burn the tracks to a CD. Only about half of the tracks were copied onto the CD--once the burning was initiated, check boxes for the other tracks were unchecked (not by me!) and the titles were grayed out. As best I can tell, those that were not transferred had been purchased several years earlier using a different Apple ID.

iTunes "Help" states, "If you have older iTunes Store purchases that are now available as iTunes Plus downloads, you may upgrade your existing purchases. To do so, visit the iTunes Store and follow the onscreen instructions." I looked, but didn't find any instructions, onscreen or otherwise!

Note that all songs will PLAY on my computer; the issue seems to be limited to burning them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 6:18 PM

Pete N wrote:

I created a new playlist (iTunes 12.0.1.26) and tried to burn the tracks to a CD. Only about half of the tracks were copied onto the CD--once the burning was initiated, check boxes for the other tracks were unchecked (not by me!) and the titles were grayed out. As best I can tell, those that were not transferred had been purchased several years earlier using a different Apple ID.

iTunes "Help" states, "If you have older iTunes Store purchases that are now available as iTunes Plus downloads, you may upgrade your existing purchases. To do so, visit the iTunes Store and follow the onscreen instructions." I looked, but didn't find any instructions, onscreen or otherwise!

Note that all songs will PLAY on my computer; the issue seems to be limited to burning them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

That was the iTunes Plus upgrade program which was terminated in 2012. The "Help" is obsolete.

Protected song files are still supposed to burn to audio CD, but since iTunes 12, this forum is full of people reporting that it doesn't work anymore.

If you want to upgrade to non-protected copies now, you need to sign up for iTunes Match. See this document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

and check the section "Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2015 6:18 PM in response to Pete N

Pete N wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

That was the iTunes Plus upgrade program which was terminated in 2012. The "Help" is obsolete.

Protected song files are still supposed to burn to audio CD, but since iTunes 12, this forum is full of people reporting that it doesn't work anymore.

If you want to upgrade to non-protected copies now, you need to sign up for iTunes Match. See this document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

and check the section "Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?"

Why are only some tracks burnt from my playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.