Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps popping up a dialog box that says "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download it?" What is this?

iTunes keeps popping up a dialog box that says "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download it?" What is this? When I click on the "Learn More" button in the dialog box it takes me to a generic iTunes support page that has no relevance to carrier settings.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009)

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 6:22 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 5:51 AM in response to ckuan

I got this three times within the last 4 hours and have been getting it almost every day since I use my new iPhone 6 - over a week now. This happens almost every time I connect the phone to my MacBook Pro, although every time I confirm and it indicates successful update.

It is highly unlikely that my carrier updates settings on daily basis or three times a day. It is almost surely a bug in the Apple system and anything but a timely and effective solution is unacceptable.

For debugging information, I recovered a backup from my former iPhone 5 onto the new one, using the same carrier and SIM.

iTunes keeps popping up a dialog box that says "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download it?" What is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.