Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share to a Facebook page (that I manage)?

Hi there,

Is there a way to SHARE / export directly to a Facebook page that I manage?

I'm currently having to export a master file (which isn't optimised for Facebook/web), and then upload it to one of the many FB Pages I manage. Would be great if FCPX would allow us to add multiple Share/Export Destinations that include the Pages we manage.

If this feature is already in place, please help me out, because I can't find it!

Cheers,
James

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 10:12 AM

Hi CaptainGoodThrust,

It sounds like what you want is in the File > Share menu, or the Share pop-up menu.

Final Cut Pro X: Sharing projects overview

Final Cut Pro provides a variety of destinations, or preconfigured export settings, that you can use to output your project or clip. For example, you can export a project or clip as a QuickTime movie, export it for viewing on Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad, publish it to websites such as Facebook and YouTube, or burn it to a disc. You can also save a frame from your movie or export an image sequence. Each of these options uses a different destination.

When you first open Final Cut Pro, a default set of destinations appears in the Share submenu of the File menu and in the Share pop-up menu.

User uploaded file

It goes on to say the destinations are customizable.

You can easily add destinations or replace the default set of destinations with your own customized destinations. For example, if you want to save a frame from your movie as a Photoshop file, you need to add the Save Current Frame destination to your set and specify that the destination export a Photoshop file. You create and modify destinations in the Destinations pane of Final Cut Pro preferences.

You can also create a bundle of destinations to export several types of output at once. For more information, see Create and modify share destinations.

The default destination is Master File. You can quickly share to that destination by pressing Command-E. To change which destination is the default (and will be activated by that keyboard shortcut), see Create and modify share destinations.

To further customize your output, you can use Compressor, the professional transcoding application. For more information, see Export your project using Compressor.

Start SiteCatalyst code version: H.8. End SiteCatalyst code version: H.8.

Hope that helps,

Nubz

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2015 10:12 AM in response to CaptainGoodThrust

Hi CaptainGoodThrust,

It sounds like what you want is in the File > Share menu, or the Share pop-up menu.

Final Cut Pro X: Sharing projects overview

Final Cut Pro provides a variety of destinations, or preconfigured export settings, that you can use to output your project or clip. For example, you can export a project or clip as a QuickTime movie, export it for viewing on Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad, publish it to websites such as Facebook and YouTube, or burn it to a disc. You can also save a frame from your movie or export an image sequence. Each of these options uses a different destination.

When you first open Final Cut Pro, a default set of destinations appears in the Share submenu of the File menu and in the Share pop-up menu.

User uploaded file

It goes on to say the destinations are customizable.

You can easily add destinations or replace the default set of destinations with your own customized destinations. For example, if you want to save a frame from your movie as a Photoshop file, you need to add the Save Current Frame destination to your set and specify that the destination export a Photoshop file. You create and modify destinations in the Destinations pane of Final Cut Pro preferences.

You can also create a bundle of destinations to export several types of output at once. For more information, see Create and modify share destinations.

The default destination is Master File. You can quickly share to that destination by pressing Command-E. To change which destination is the default (and will be activated by that keyboard shortcut), see Create and modify share destinations.

To further customize your output, you can use Compressor, the professional transcoding application. For more information, see Export your project using Compressor.

Start SiteCatalyst code version: H.8. End SiteCatalyst code version: H.8.

Hope that helps,

Nubz

Jan 30, 2015 9:03 PM in response to Nubz N.

I tried this way too in the past but it only asks for the 'home' log-in but not a separate log-in for the page I manage. Any suggestions to by-pass the Facebook log-in to post to the managed page? Or does anyone know if FB, 'knowing' an incoming file could be posted to one of several pages, asks at the point of intaking the file?

How do I share to a Facebook page (that I manage)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.