Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I listen to a recording in higher speed

I have moved my voice memo's to iTunes on my macbook, but I can't listen to the recordings (lectures) in a faster speed. I remember there used to be an option to change the speed and listen to a lecture of 2 hrs in 1 hr, by adjusting the speed to 2. Does anyone know if this option still exists?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 9:58 AM

This was very helpful, but I have a followup question:

I'm using this to log information for interviews and I want to be able to listen faster, but I need to use time markers for the regular speed. When I change the temp, it also changes the time markers (instead of just increasing the speed and leaving the time the same, it shows what the time is now reduced to). Is there a way to account for this? Or do you two versions of the audio up or something--one with the normal time corresponding to the sped up time?

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2017 9:58 AM in response to c12345e

This was very helpful, but I have a followup question:

I'm using this to log information for interviews and I want to be able to listen faster, but I need to use time markers for the regular speed. When I change the temp, it also changes the time markers (instead of just increasing the speed and leaving the time the same, it shows what the time is now reduced to). Is there a way to account for this? Or do you two versions of the audio up or something--one with the normal time corresponding to the sped up time?

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2015 9:53 PM in response to kimmariska

Hi there! I don't think you can do this on iTunes anymore (I may be wrong) BUT there is this simple solution using garageband:

1. Open garageband and call a new document "Lecture 1" or something like that. Drag the recording into the space it gives you, and it will upload
  2. Double click the track to bring up a menu, and make sure "Follow Tempo & Pitch" is ticked.
  3. User uploaded file
  4. Next, after that is ticked, at the bottom of the screen go to "Project" by clicking on the little icon in the blue screen. It will look like the picture below. Click on the tempo (In the picture you click where it says 120) and you can slide the speed up and down! ENJOY! Hope this helps 🙂 😀

User uploaded file

how do I listen to a recording in higher speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.