Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 Exchange Email over wifi not working

Having updated my iphone6 to iOS8.1.3 hoping that it would fix the issues of exchange email over wifi I can confirm that it has got a lot worse 😠

Previously exchange email used to take a long time to download over wifi, with 8.1.3 it will not download at all. So far I have;

• reset network setting, connect to wifi - failed
  • delete account, reset network settings, connect to wifi, install account - failed to verify, disconnected from wifi, immediately verified and started to download over 3G
  • delete account, reset network settings, install account over 3G, download email, connect to wifi - fails to download any more email
  • I have tried with 'wifi' networking' on and off.

This is a disaster for me and will make me move to the dreaded android. Picking up work email over wifi is a basic feature, if the iPhone 6 can not do that then it is not a viable work tool.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 2:48 PM

Please try the following, it has worked for us 🙂

Turn off WiFi

Hard reset the phone with power button and home button held at the same time until Apple logo appears.

Turn WiFi back on

If this does not correct the issue, I would take to Apple store as it sounds like a defective phone.

4 replies

iOS 8.1.3 Exchange Email over wifi not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.