Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios8.1 wont download

I have been trying to update my iphone 5c to the new ios via laptop for a while now but it wont download. It always says that it has been interrupted. Help?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 4:49 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2015 7:18 AM in response to flic2002

Hello flic2002,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

When you say laptop, I think of a PC and if your download keeps getting interrupted it makes me think network issue.

There's a section here on resolving network errors.

Resolve iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Resolve network errors

Related errors: 17, 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, 3000, 3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3015, 3194, 3200, or "There was a problem downloading the software," or say the "device isn't eligible for the requested build.". These alerts mean that your computer is either having difficulty contacting the Apple update server or communicating with your device.

Check your computer for software or settings that might cause communication issues between your computer and Apple or between your computer and your device.

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can prevent your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't preventing a connection to the Apple servers.

You may also want to check out:

iTunes for Windows: iTunes can't contact the iPhone, iPad, or iPod software update server - Apple Support

Best regards,

Nubz

ios8.1 wont download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.