Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail seizes/freezes.

For the past two-three weeks, for no apparent reason, Mail freezes and the only way to get it to respond is to Force Quit and then restart it. Has anyone else experienced this lately?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 11:11 AM

Yup, same here. Though I believe it started since Yosemite, but I'm unsure about that. Browsing the internet for a solution, but nothing yet.

3 replies

Feb 22, 2015 5:53 AM in response to RavLev

Some additional info. I installed Yosemite again, not a clean install, just a re-install from the app store over the current install. After that, no problems with mail. Mail was quick and responsive. I then installed the Yosemite 10.10.2 update and immediately mail freezes again.

I use mail with two Google Apps Business accounts. I now disabled the direct download of attachments in the mail.app settings, since the Yosemite update referred to that. See if it makes any difference.

Mail seizes/freezes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.