Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset taking too long

HHi. My iPhone 4S 32gb was reset to restore approx 1 week ago due to freezing on the apple symbol. This automatically updated it to the latest software IOS8. Since then it has been rather hesitant and generally slow. Last night it just kept dropping out of wi-fi into every second or so. I followed a guide to re-set the settings but after this it froze on the apple again. I connected it to iTunes to do a full factory reset at 1100 hrs and it still shows another 8 hours to run and has reverted to showing the apple logo again. I have a feeling this isn't going well but am hesitant to disconnect it. Does anybody have a solution for me? Sandy

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Did you follow the steps mentioned in this article?

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Since 8.1.3 has been just released, the servers might be too busy and the download may take longer than usual. If you restore to factory settings, iTunes will download a new version of the current iOS, even if there is already one on your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Dareyouto

Did you follow the steps mentioned in this article?

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Since 8.1.3 has been just released, the servers might be too busy and the download may take longer than usual. If you restore to factory settings, iTunes will download a new version of the current iOS, even if there is already one on your computer.

Feb 12, 2015 7:11 PM in response to Ingo2711

Hi. Found myself unable to reply. No, I pulled the plug out and restarted it all over again and it didn't take more than 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately, the reset didn't solve the problem which was that the iPhone was intermittently dropping out of my home wi-fi connection and I had to resort to using 3G when I was at home. I'd never had that problem before but I had just bought a new iPad air 2 and the mobile got rather neglected for a while. Then within a short time I had the same problem with the iPad and it was nearly unusable. Strangely enough I didn't have a problem with either outside of the home environment using other's wi-fi. Many nights have passed and I have cracked it at last. There seems to be a conflict between BT Home Hub 5 and the new iPad which Apple have known about since September? I have only today reconfigured my Home Hub and now everything is running off of 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz, my MBA has speeded up and I am able to use the mobile on wi-fi and the iPad again. Who knew? I am a complete novice and although I managed to sort it out in the end it has taken up all my free time for the last few weeks and I am not too happy with Apple at all. If they knew about it why haven't they supplied a patch?

Reset taking too long

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.