Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iTunes sync my iPhone6 anymore?

I discovered that iTunes has not been backing up my iPhone6 and iPad Air2 for several weeks with wifi sync. Now it refuses to even recognize the device connected by usb to iMac to sync. What is happening?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 7:40 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2015 9:20 AM in response to susan-soy

Hi susan-soy,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 are not recognized by iTunes on your Mac, you can use these tips to troubleshoot USB syncing first:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Why won't iTunes sync my iPhone6 anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.