Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV update 7.0.3 connection drops

Since updating my Apple TV to 7.0.3 I have regular connection drops to the point where I can't even watch a film. The message of 'you're not connected to the network' comes up usually after 1/2 an hour or so. Sometimes it just locks with a black screen. It is not a network connection issue and my computer still functions with the wifi during this period. I've tried reconnecting to the network, restarting, resetting etc. without any luck. This has only started since the 7.0.3 update. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 7:39 AM

11 replies

Jan 31, 2015 9:31 AM in response to theisuueis

Hello theisuueis,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having these issues with your Apple TV. It sounds like you have been on the right track with your troubleshooting. Given the troubleshooting you have already done and the fact that the issue appears to have started after an update, you may want to try doing a full restore of your Apple TV, either from the menu or via a direct connect to iTunes (apologies if you have already done so):

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Feb 26, 2015 7:31 PM in response to theisuueis

I have this same issue with my 3rd gen ATV. I Actually just left the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and the person who helped me was little to no help. He said himself he thought it was a software issue and said they could sell me another one for 59$ if I was to turn my defective unit it. Naturally I opted out of that choice because the hardware connection still works And I'll upgrade to the 4th gen once that is released, not another 3rd gen. To top it all off the genius rep couldn't locate a micro usb cable at their store for troubleshooting! Mind you, I drove over an hour each way to get to my apt tonight and for what? For nothing But a waste of time. This is horrible service and once again Apple has released another update that breaks the service they can't support! My advice to all of you with this issue Is to connect via Ethernet until they release the next update comes and hopefully it will resolve this issue. Do not replace your ATV! Having said that, cross your fingers that nothing else breaks with that release.

Feb 27, 2015 10:31 AM in response to brenden dv

The problem with this recommendation is that restoring to factory settings automatically updates to the latest software - which is the root cause of the issue, so this solves nothing! Is there any Apple representative in this forum who can comment on an ETA for a fix? Also, is there a way to disable the automatic update feature so that a factory restore does not then load version 7.0.3??

Feb 28, 2015 8:22 PM in response to theisuueis

I too have had the same connection problems with all 3 Apple Tv's in our home. It takes forever to connect to a purchased movie in my library as well as just freezing up when trying to "Resume" a movie. This has only started since the 7.0.3 update. I have tried EVERYTHING to include factory resets. This "IS" a problem with Apple's latest updat 7.03! Apple please fix!

Apple TV update 7.0.3 connection drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.