Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update keeps wanting to install Pro Video Formats 2.0

Hello All,

Didn't see anything here or thru a Google search, thus, I come to you, oh wise Mac users.

I repeatedly get a Software Update of Pro Video Formats version 2.0, meaning, I've attempted to install them (thru Software Update) yet the update continues to 'ask' me to install version 2.0 (therefore i'm assuming it isn't getting installed).

Here are my specs:

OS 10.7.5

2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (I know…so old 😉

Quicktime Player 10.1

and Quicktime Player 7.6.6

I can't think of any other conflicts other than I have Adobe, Avid, and Final Cut products installed.

Any thoughts?

-Tom

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), AJA video card, external drives, et

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 8:34 AM

36 replies

Mar 12, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Enginn Heima

Hi, depends on which OSX version...

OS X: How to ignore a Software Update - Apple Support

If App Store then...

First, launch the Mac App Store from your dock, or from Launchpad. Next, click the Updates tap. You’ll now see a list of all available software updates. If there are multiple updates, you made need to click on the “More” option to see the full list. To hide an update, hover over the update you wish to hide with your mouse, then right click (or CTRL + left click), and select Hide Update from the box that appears next to your cursor. The update will now be hidden until a new update is available, or until you unhide it.

http://www.mactrast.com/2013/04/how-to-hide-a-software-update-in-os-x-mountain-l ion/

Apr 21, 2015 9:43 PM in response to Tom IV

I'm getting repeated Software Update of Pro Video Formats version 2.0.1 notifications. I'm running 10.10.3 on Mac Pro (Late 2013). 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5. Right clicking to "Hide Update" has no affect at all. Really irritating. I tried deleting the receipts from /private/var/db/receipts. Even tried changing the PackageVersion in com.apple.pkg.ProVideoFormats.plist, com.apple.pkg.ProResCodec.plist, and com.apple.pkg.ProVideoFormats.plist to all be 2.0.1.0.1.1191509119. Didn't help.

Software Update keeps wanting to install Pro Video Formats 2.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.