Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

OSX YOSEMITE 10.10.2

iMac (27 pulgadas, late 2013)

3,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Hello,

The problem:

I own an iMac with the specifications provided on top. From the very beginning, I am very upset with the performance of my NVIDA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB. Every time i work with Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Autocad for MAC or 3D Software the performance of my graphic card is very slow. Even with Finder is a quite awful.

When I am working with any of these programs, it takes time to move pages, plans, lines and etc. from one point to another. It also is not smooth when I scroll on them or in Finder. On the other hand, when moving objects the graphic card takes time to "redraw".

I´ve never installed unuseful software on my iMAC, in fact, when I used for first time my iMAC just installed Adobe Indesign, and this problem was already appeared.

Also in Safari, sometimes the scroll is not smooth.

Solutions I already tried

I called several times to Apple Care Support and after formatting, or checking errors and etc. It does not work fine. I also sent to the Apple Care technician and said everything worked fine but I truly cannot believe. My previous pc Dell with a 512MB graphic card worked much better than this.

I tried to search a lot of information regarding to this issue, but there is nothing that can improve the performance of my iMAC.

Hope anyone can help.

Thank you.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 10:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 12:04 AM in response to manteleria

Have you tried installing Nvidia drivers to see if it improves?

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

In the future you can go to Nvidia > Download Drivers > Product type: Quadro > Product Series: Quadro Series > Product: Quadro 4000 for Mac > Operating System: choose what you have > Press search.

It includes drivers for most Nvidia cards, even the 9xx series.

Hope this helps 🙂

Low performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.