Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) intermittent black screen or loss of video Quality program has ended. I was unaware of the program in the first place, how do I go about correcting the issue now that the program has ended?

As the question states: I was unaware there was a program in place to correct the issue. Is it possible for me to correct the issue myself?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 1:34 PM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Alphaking

Alphaking wrote:

The gfx control app doesn't work either. Any idea what if the replacement logic board is also faulty?

I have never used this application but note what it says in the 'features' section:

User uploaded file

If a logic board is replaced by Apple, it is warranted for 90 days in the MBP is out of the 1 year warrantee period or the 2 year additional Applecare term.

Ciao.

Mar 27, 2015 3:40 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

I have this issue as well and was unaware that the program existed to repair it and it got incredibly worse with the new revisions of OSx. I find it interesting that they closed the program right as many of us are starting to have issues and the worst of it even if you bought applecare they don't really care. Apple being touted as a wonderful customer service company i don't see it. Video cards last much longer than this and there is obviously some defect in these that is causing the issues and they are making consumers cover the expense to fix it. This may be my last apple laptop as a result which is unfortunate because i really like their laptops and OS. In my opinion these laptops should be covered in this newest repair program from 2011 macbook pros.

-Logan

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) intermittent black screen or loss of video Quality program has ended. I was unaware of the program in the first place, how do I go about correcting the issue now that the program has ended?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.