Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Late 2009 won't wake up from deep hybernation

I have a MBP late 2009 with a battery at the end of its live. I use this MBP mainly as a desktop computer with a Henge Dock to run some virtual machines. A month ago I had this power failure, the MBP battery got depleted and the MBP went to hybernate. When the power came back, I tried to turn on the MBP without luck. It made no sound or any sign of activity. After reading some advices here, I let the MBP unplugged for about 3 days, then made a PRAM and SMC reset, connected it again to the power cord and turned on. This time the MBP did turned on and resumed from the hybernation state, therefore there were no mainboard failure or anything.

A couple of weeks ago I unplugged the MBP for a short travel and when I arrived and tried to turn it on, it again didn't. I left it unplugged for 4 days, did the same PRAM and SMC reset but this time I had no luck and, until today, the MBP still refuses to turn on. I reconected the MBP to the power cord to let the battery to fully charge and still won't power up, so I am now short of options.

Any ideas or suggestions, other than "take it to the apple service center"?

Victor Espina

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Late 2009, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 1:23 PM

Never mind. Just made a new PRAM / VRAM reset and now it started and resumed from safe sleep. After it resumed, I disabled deep sleep with:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Victor Espina

3 replies

MBP Late 2009 won't wake up from deep hybernation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.