Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad Adobe After Effects Problems with Good Quicktime

Trying to resolve this on Adobe Forums has made me much, much more appreciative of Apple Discussions.

ANYHOW: The problem is that Adobe After Effects keeps saying QuickTime is not installed.

All 'solutions' and reasons I've found on Adobe sites no help at all.

SO: Since this relates to Apple's QuickTime...has anybody using Adobe After Effects resolved this problem?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 16GB,Wacom, Music &,Camera gear.

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 8:52 AM

Two Days Later - Problem half-resolved.

1. I discovered that if I started up in Safe Mode the app worked fine.

I deleted all my startup items but that didn't fix it for my regular, main user. Not sure what to try next.

2. In desperation I set up a New User.

The app worked fine in the New User account.

Thus the Big Problem (i.e. not being able to use the app since it's worthless if it won't import or export Quicktime movies) can be worked around, but starting up in Safe Mode or using my New User.

This is somewhat annoying and my 'puzzle-solving' mind would still like to know what is causing the problem.

Will keep trying.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2015 8:52 AM in response to 60wpm

Two Days Later - Problem half-resolved.

1. I discovered that if I started up in Safe Mode the app worked fine.

I deleted all my startup items but that didn't fix it for my regular, main user. Not sure what to try next.

2. In desperation I set up a New User.

The app worked fine in the New User account.

Thus the Big Problem (i.e. not being able to use the app since it's worthless if it won't import or export Quicktime movies) can be worked around, but starting up in Safe Mode or using my New User.

This is somewhat annoying and my 'puzzle-solving' mind would still like to know what is causing the problem.

Will keep trying.

Bad Adobe After Effects Problems with Good Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.