Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have tried steps 1-4 ten times to recover ipad that I forgot passcode to. Any other suggetions?

I have only used my ipad twice. I forgot my passcode and never connected it to itunes before. I have followed the instructions ten times and it will not successfully recover the ipad. It acts like it will, it currently says that the download will take '6 hours' (which seems ridiculous) and then in ten minutes it will say what i have attached as a screen shot. My ipad screen changed from 'connect to itunes' to just the apple sign also. Please help.

User uploaded file

iPad Mini

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 1:20 PM

1 reply

Have tried steps 1-4 ten times to recover ipad that I forgot passcode to. Any other suggetions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.