Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution to incoming mail not showing up in Mac Mail

I had a strange thing happen two days ago and did exhaustive research trying to resolve the issue. I couldn't find the answer anywhere to my issue. I did figure out what was going on, so I thought I'd post the solution here.

I'm running OS X v10.8.5 and Mac Mail v6.6. Two days ago I stopped being able to get any new emails. All my settings were correct and had not changed. I could see my new emails in my webmail, but it was not downloading to Mac Mail. I could see the count of new emails in Mail Activity and could see all the email on my POP server in Account Info. But nothing was downloading. The solution ended up being on my mail host's end. I had them reset my mail account and voila! It took less than 3 minutes. An easy solution to a very disturbing and troubling problem. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 2:56 PM

1 reply

Solution to incoming mail not showing up in Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.