Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes sharing unclear

Hi,

I have 3 users with each their own account log in on 1 IMac. If I put my ITunes Media folder on a Shared Drive in order to share music with my family, do I migrate the folders Mobile applications, Tones, Books, as well? Or do I only put the Music sub-folder. I don't want to lose info on the Notes, Documents, Calendar, and other apps. I don't use ICloud (don't trust it !). And I'm not clear as well on the preferences: keep media organized and copy files to ITunes media when adding to library.

And do I have to put their Apps in the shared drive when they'll sync their IWhatever?

It may have been answered, but not clear to do with all the sub-folders.

thanks.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8), IPhones, iPads, IPods

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 3:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2015 7:54 AM in response to deBEAT

Hello deBEAT,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you wish to setup music sharing between multiple user accounts on your Mac. We have a great resource that takes you through this step-by-step - but to answer you main question - you’ll actually want to move the entire “iTunes Media” folder to the public location, which includes all of the subfolders you mentioned. Check out this resource for more information:

iTunes: How to share music between different user accounts on a single computer - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1203

Cheers,

Matt M.

ITunes sharing unclear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.