Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get the phone out of Headphones mode ?

My phone is stuck in headphones mode. I don't use headphones on my phone. How do I get out of Headphones mode ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 3:52 PM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2015 8:33 AM in response to BillGPP

Hello BillGPP,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are only able to hear using a headset. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

1. Restart your device.
  2. Open an app that has music or sound effects. Adjust the volume with the volume buttons or the slider in Control Center.
  3. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
  4. If there's still no sound, connect a headset. If you can hear sound through the headset, remove it and clear any dust or debris from the headset jack of your device.
  5. If the device is in a case, make sure that the case doesn't block the speaker.
  6. Use a brush to gently clear any debris from the speaker and Lightning connector (or 30-pin dock connector). The brush should be clean and dry and have soft bristles.
  7. Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

If you followed these steps and still hear no sound or distorted sound, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

How do you get the phone out of Headphones mode ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.