Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues syncing 5th gen iPod Touch?

whenever I try to perform a sync between iTunes 11.4 (the last version for snow leopard) and my new iPod Touch 5th Gen, iTunes likes to become unresponsive. sometimes, I have to force quit iTunes, but that runs the risk of destroying the iTunes Library File, which has gotten damaged before, but I don't want it to again. When I sync my 2nd gen iPod Touch, I never had that issue. any solutions for this issue? thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2, 5th Gen Slate Blue 64 GB model

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 1:50 AM

You can try restoring the iPod.

2 replies

Feb 22, 2015 11:25 PM in response to lllaass

I think the issue has to do with the fact that my itunes library is stored on a partition of a firewire 400 HD that I got 11 years ago. its getting really slow these days, and it probably needs to be upgraded to a newer drive in the future (just in case it ever crashes or dies on me)... I tried restoring the old one from backup, but the new one never has the issue, so I just have to assume its the age of the drive (unless you think otherwise)

Issues syncing 5th gen iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.