Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a credit card on 2 different iPhones for Apple Pay

Can I add add my credit card (for Apple Pay) to my sons iPhone 6 even if the card is already on my phone. I would like my son to be able to use my card for Apple Pay also.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 6:53 AM

Yse, you absolutely can. You can add the same card to multiple devices, however depending on bank's risk management rules, if name on tha card doesn't match name on iTunes account, there might be a need for additional authentication ( like s call to customer care). Apple Pay supports up to 99 tokens on the same account and no differentiation whether the token used on the same devbice multiple times or on multiple devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2015 6:53 AM in response to robtret

Yse, you absolutely can. You can add the same card to multiple devices, however depending on bank's risk management rules, if name on tha card doesn't match name on iTunes account, there might be a need for additional authentication ( like s call to customer care). Apple Pay supports up to 99 tokens on the same account and no differentiation whether the token used on the same devbice multiple times or on multiple devices.

Jan 8, 2017 7:08 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Untrue. If you are just here to get "points" then please remove yourself. Uneducated responses that are not factual are pointless and annoying. Check Amex website - Can I put my Card on multiple devices?

Yes, you can add your Card on up to 10 devices. Please note that your Card must be added to each device separately.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/apple-pay/faqs.html

Adding a credit card on 2 different iPhones for Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.