Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall and reinstall iTunes

I was attempting to install the latest version of iTunes when I got a message that it had not installed correctly and I should try again. So, I started over. This time the install was 1/2 the MB of the first install. It was taking forever so I attempted to stop the install. It wouldn't finish cancelling so I did a control-Alt-Delete. Now I have the following message when I try to re-open iTunes. I need the correct uninstall procedure so I may re-install iTunes.

Message - The procedure entry point CMBlockBufferCopyDataBytes could not be located in the dynamic link library core media.dll

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 5:56 PM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2015 6:36 PM in response to socrmom

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The error hints at a similar pattern to those discussed in the first and third boxes of the user tip, suggesting that you've got an outdated .dll file that needs replacing. You should find CoreMedia.dll in the one of the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

Delete it and then repair Apple Mobile Device Support from the Programs and Features control panel. If that doesn't work go for the full tear down and rebuild.

tt2

Jan 30, 2015 10:05 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks! This worked. I've had to do it in the past but it had been so long and needing to do it in a certain order I didn't want to risk losing anything.

I have a new issue I hope you can assist me with. I just downloaded a new song from iTunes.I cannot for the life of me get it to show up in the library with the other songs from that same artist and album. I've retyped all the info (title, artist, genre, year, etc) to be sure it matches all the other songs from that album and it just will not line itself up with the other songs in the album. I even exited iTunes and opened it again. I've never had this issue. I hope you have a solution. Everything else is working as expected after the reinstall.

uninstall and reinstall iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.