Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In app purchases refunds

My daughter made a lot of in app purchases in an app but I never entered my passwords for the charges and I dont know how she passed that step. Anyways now I have a bunch of purchases. I have contacted through email apple, but I just wanted to see what are the chances I can get some of these charges reversed.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 12:40 PM

For me this method says the item cannot be refunded. I assume since its an in-app purchase. Even though thats also the case in this topic. What else can I do??

2 replies

Feb 1, 2015 11:36 AM in response to lichap22

Hello lichap22,

If you are requesting a refund for purchases made to your iTunes Store account, click on the link below:

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store

Learn how you can request help with an item purchased within the last 90 days.

To report a problem or request assistance with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store:

1. Visit reportaproblem.apple.com in your browser.
  2. When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password used to initiate the purchase of the item, then click Sign In.
  3. Find the item you're having a problem with, then click Report a Problem next to it.
  4. From the Choose Problem menu, choose the issue you're having.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions. You might be asked to describe the problem in a text field.
  6. Click Submit, and we'll review your problem.

Here are the steps to take to restrict purchases in the future:

Use restrictions to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht6088

Learn how to use restrictions to protect your iTunes Store account from unintentional or unauthorized purchases. After you enable restrictions on your device, you can require a password for purchases, prevent certain types of purchases, or disable purchasing completely.

Enable restrictions

1. Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
  2. Tap Enable Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
  3. Choose a restrictions passcode that you'll remember and confirm your passcode. Make sure to choose a passcode that's different from the passcode you use to unlock your device.
    User uploaded file

Prevent in-app purchases or disable purchasing

After you enable restrictions, you'll see what's allowed on your device. To prevent only in-app purchases, turn off In-App Purchases. If you want to disable purchasing completely, turn off iTunes Store, iBooks Store, Installing Apps, and In-App Purchases.

User uploaded file

You can also prevent purchases by removing your payment method from your account.

Require a password for each download

If you don't want to prevent in-app purchases or disable purchasing completely, you can require a password for downloads on your device. After you enable restrictions, Tap Require Password, then choose an option.

• Immediately: If you choose this option, you'll have to enter your Apple ID password each time you make a purchase or download a free item.
  • 15 minutes: If you choose this option, you'll enter your Apple ID password once, and you won't have to enter it again for any other purchases (except in-app purchases) you make in the next 15 minutes.
    User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Manage your child's account

If your child is over 13 or has an account through the Apple ID for Students program, you might want to let them make purchases from iTunes using iTunes Gifts or a monthly allowance. If you use Family Sharing, you can let your child initiate purchases with Ask to Buy.

The iTunes Service is only available for individuals aged 13 years or older or children under 13 who have received an Apple ID through the Apple ID for Students program. If your child is under the age of 13 and isn't an educational Apple ID holder, Apple must close and delete all information associated with their account, and you can't use the monthly allowance program.

Learn more

Using restrictions, you can also control access to certain applications, features, and content types.

Last Modified:

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

In app purchases refunds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.