Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up printer Mac 10.9

MacAir version 10.9.5 I need to set up my new laptop to a printer. How do I install w/o the CD drive? Do I need to purchase purchase a separate drive?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 11:39 AM

Hello KathyMc1955,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to add a printer to a computer but need the drivers. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Mac Basics: Printing in OS X - Apple Support

Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to make sure OS X is up to date. This also updates the database of available printer software provided to Apple by printer vendors. If this is not done, you may see messaging that software is not available.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2015 11:39 AM in response to KathyMc1955

Hello KathyMc1955,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to add a printer to a computer but need the drivers. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Mac Basics: Printing in OS X - Apple Support

Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to make sure OS X is up to date. This also updates the database of available printer software provided to Apple by printer vendors. If this is not done, you may see messaging that software is not available.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Setting up printer Mac 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.