Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Calendar overriding my Event location

Hi

When creating an event in Calendar, the software is quite 'helpful' in offering suggestions for the event location as I type.

However, if I don't like any of it's suggestions, or wish to override the suggested location, the software seems to stamp it's feet and insist on formatting the location data the way IT prefers.

How do I stop it doing that?

For instance, I am attending an event at the "Institute of Directors, 116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5EA"

Calendar finds a very close match for this and replaces my location with

"116 Pall Mall

London

England

SW1Y 5EA

United Kingdom"

Apart from the excessive screen real estate taken up by those superfluous new lines, it doesn't include the name of the location - "Institute of Directors" - and it includes 2 countries - England and United Kingdom - that I don't need to know because I live here.

Can I not keep my own preferred format in the location field?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 8:59 PM

I just fixed this issue by turning off the location support on iCal on my iPhone. If all your devices are synced up that may be causing the issue.

After turning off location support I was able to enter the address I wanted. It gave me a choice to stick with my address or choose from the list of suggestions. After refreshing iCal on my computer it displayed the correct address.

Hopefully your fix will be that easy!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2015 8:59 PM in response to Crispness

I just fixed this issue by turning off the location support on iCal on my iPhone. If all your devices are synced up that may be causing the issue.

After turning off location support I was able to enter the address I wanted. It gave me a choice to stick with my address or choose from the list of suggestions. After refreshing iCal on my computer it displayed the correct address.

Hopefully your fix will be that easy!

How do I stop Calendar overriding my Event location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.