Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 wifi issues on iPad mini II Retina

Hi all,

Just received a new iPad mini II Retina 32GB version running iOS 8.1.2. I noticed browsing the internet was a disaster because of a bad connection. I decided to upgrade to iOS 8.1.3 but unfortunately i still have issues.

On this image (http://imgur.com/Vcdzdf5) you can see an iPad mini 1 (iOS 7) on the left getting speeds up to 21Mbit and an ipad mini 2 (iOS 8) on the right getting up to 5 Mbit. My HTC One M8 would be the winner here getting speeds up to 30Mbit but that's another story 😉.

Okay, so conclusion would be that Apple created an operating system called iOS 8 which looks exactly the same as iOS 7 but doesn't work as good. Mind = blown. Mind = blown even more knowing paying customers 'are not allowed' to downgrade to iOS 7. I'm also surprised Apple didn't see any of the tens of thousands of post on different forums where customers complain about this issues seen there's no fix in iOS 8.1.3.

Okay. Back on topic. I tried:

- Setting Google's DNS (8.8.8.8)

- Resetting network settings

- Soft reset (pressing the home and power button)

What should I try? Other than buying a Nexus 9? Any help is much appreciated! 😉

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 3:26 AM

There are no replies.

iOS 8.1.3 wifi issues on iPad mini II Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.