Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any time I open my safari, a page "virus protection team" pops up and blocks me from using my safari. is this a virus?

Safari might have detected an intrusion in your systen, all attempts to block this intrusion might have failed, hence system us halted to protect you from identity theft or any loss of personal information. Please contact tech live support at 01513240371. What does the above message mean and what should I do next?

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 5:50 AM

It is not a virus.

Force quit Safari, then restart Safari while holding the Shift key.

And never, ever contact any number that pops up on your computer.

11 replies

Mar 20, 2015 6:35 AM in response to neeqi

Try this.. apple logo menu> system preferences> general> select “close windows when quitting an app”> open safari then immediately make sure to quit Safari using the menu option or command+Q. once you relaunch safari the problem should be resolved. worked for me. (this might not work if you can’t get safari to “quit”……. “force quit” is not the same)

any time I open my safari, a page "virus protection team" pops up and blocks me from using my safari. is this a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.