Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Update Ipod. An Unknown Error Occurred (1453)

Updating 2nd Gen 8 G iPod Nano on my Dual 1.25 MDD with 10.4.8 to Version 1.0.2. Downloads fine but when it trys to update the firmware I get the above message. Any Ideas????

8G Nano, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 7, 2006 10:10 AM

10 replies

Oct 23, 2006 10:58 PM in response to KickSock

I have had the exact same error tonight, as iTunes continues to fail to install the new iPod software 1.3 for my Nano. Every time I push the "Update" button to install the update, I receive that error..."The ipod "David Hillis's iPod" could not be udpated. An unknown error occurred (1453)."

Does anybody know what this is? I can't seem to find any threads anywhere on this one!

David

Oct 24, 2006 6:38 AM in response to Gary5550

Hey Gary5550,

Just wanted to notify you that the article you linked to ("identifying different ipod models") is outdated and currently has not been updated.

The new firmware for first gen nanos (1.3) can be downloaded (although it sometimes has problems), thus the new update does exist. 🙂

Also, First generation nanos' new firmware is different than the Second Generation nanos' update; First Generation nanos have 1.3, while Second Generation nanos' latest firmware isn't 1.3.

Just trying to clarify things.

-Kylene

Oct 24, 2006 6:46 AM in response to KickSock

Hey KickSock and other who've posted,

Okay, I'm not sure if this is related to your issue, but try this:

1 - While you are getting your error message while trying to update in iTunes, go to "My Computer" in Windows Explorer (leave iTune up and running).
2 - Right-click on your iPod's drive, and click on "Eject".
3 - Go back to iTunes, and try to update your iPod again.

Also, although this isn't the same error message, try the technique in this post for error 1417 (when updating your iPod) -> A solution for error 1417, occuring when updating

I hope this helps you guys,

-Kylene

If any post helps or solves your issue, please mark it that way accordingly. Thank you for helping the boards!

Can't Update Ipod. An Unknown Error Occurred (1453)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.