Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Touch Screen Not Responsive

Hi everyone-

Just curious if anyone is having the same problems as me. There have been several times now where I'm touching my iPhone 6 screen, but there is no response from the phone. This happens both within apps as well as on the home screen. The problem is not just with my phone, but with my fiances iPhone 6 as well.

I've tried the power on/off but that's more of a temporary fix. Is it worth going to apple store and asking to switch for a new device? I've had every iPhone model since the first, this is the first time I've experienced response issues...

Curious to hear the rest of the communities thoughts.

iPhone 6, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 9:23 AM

I am having the same problem. I have a new iPhone 6Plus. The touch screen intermittently freezes…usually along the left side of the screen. I cant access apps on the left, nor type with letters that are on the left. It clears up within 5 minutes, usually…..but this is really not acceptable. Can it be repaired? Or what??

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2015 9:23 AM in response to WesSunMan

I am having the same problem. I have a new iPhone 6Plus. The touch screen intermittently freezes…usually along the left side of the screen. I cant access apps on the left, nor type with letters that are on the left. It clears up within 5 minutes, usually…..but this is really not acceptable. Can it be repaired? Or what??

Apr 14, 2015 1:33 AM in response to WesSunMan

Have you ever dropped your phone? You know I thought my screen was acting weird because of the ios updates. It first started twitching in certain apps. When I updated to 8.3 the twitching was gone but then all of a sudden my screen started blink white. Touch won't work but when the screen blinks wildly it will start opening apps on its own. Like a possessed phone it would open things, close, start typing...I'd have to either tap it with my hand or twist the frame a bit and it'll start working. I'm thinking it's because of the several times my phone dropped. Elsewhere I read some people having a clean wipe/factory reset solving their issue...

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Touch Screen Not Responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.