Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I save photos to iCloud then delete them from my Camera Roll iPhone 4 to clear space?

I'D like to store photos on iCloud to save space on my device, is this possible?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2017 10:41 PM

The only place to save them that would then allow you to delete them from your device would be on your computer by importing them: PHOTO IMPORT IOS TO MAC/PC, or by uploading them to an archival cloud service like Dropbox or Flikr.

Cheers,

GB

10 replies

Feb 19, 2017 10:24 AM in response to TotoBunga

That's because it is no longer a beta. The post you are using the link from was written over a year ago, and iCloud Photo Library has long been out of a beta status.

If you want to look into iCloud Photo Library and how to use it:

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library Help - Apple Support

Links may not be working today because the site is being worked on. So, you may need to try tomorrow. The beta link no longer exists, however.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 30, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Biddie0013

Yes, it is possible. There are two ways that are pretty simple. The first would be to useiCloud Photo Sharing, which will allow you to create up to 100 shared photo albums (that are private by default) that will be accessible from any devices you're signed into iCloud with (including a Windows PC). The photos/videos in these shared albums do NOT count toward your 5 GB iCloud storage limit. After uploading photos/videos to a shared photo stream, you can delete the originals from your device to save space. The photos can still be accessed via the shared album, and you can re-download original quality photos to the device from that album.

The other way would be to use iCloud Photo Library (beta), which will automatically keep all of your photos synced between iOS devices and will make the photos available from any computer at iCloud.com. However, this method DOES use your 5 GB iCloud storage limit.

Both are good options; it's up to you!

Can I save photos to iCloud then delete them from my Camera Roll iPhone 4 to clear space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.