Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie wii no longer share with iDVD. I just upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2 and now I can't get iDVD to work properly. Any thoughts?

iMovie wii no longer share with iDVD. I just upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2 and now I can't get iDVD to work properly. Any thoughts? This is what comes up.....User uploaded file

iDVD '08, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Worked with Yosemite 10.10.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 2:05 PM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2015 9:43 AM in response to JoshLovey1598

iDVD does work with Yosemite although, as Kappy pointed out unsupported for 2 years, so try this basic troubleshooting fix:

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents of IDVD'S cache folder: User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks or Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

If iDVD crashes again post the first 50 lines of the crash report. Don't post a screenshot but copy and paste the actual text.

To get a movie from iMovie to iDVD it should be exported out of iMovie as 480p and added manually to iDVD.

User uploaded file

May 26, 2015 6:01 AM in response to JoshLovey1598

I too have the same issue on this...

Is this the only way to get idvd to work...

did anyone try making a idvd project and then placing the project inside of it and then did it work?

apple is forcing us to not be able to use idvd any more...sad can't they leave us alone

will idvd work in final cut pro X now...still do not have it but planning on getting in a month if it works

can we still move projects to Final Cut in iMovie 10.10.2 and 10.10.3?

iMovie wii no longer share with iDVD. I just upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2 and now I can't get iDVD to work properly. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.