Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is updating to 8.1.3 worth it?

I have an iPhone 6 running 8.1.2 currently. The only problem I have had since I bought it in October is that the Bluetooth won't connect to my older phones, my Macbook Pro, or my car, but that isn't a big deal. Otherwise, everything works fine. I was prompted to download 8.1.3 today and I am wondering if I should do it or if anyone is having new issues with the update. Suggestions? Thanks!

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 4:21 PM

7 replies

Jan 30, 2015 11:02 PM in response to KNH55

I have an iPhone 6 running 8.1.2 currently. The only problem I have had since I bought it in October is that the Bluetooth won't connect to my older phones, my Macbook Pro, or my car, but that isn't a big deal. Otherwise, everything works fine. I was prompted to download 8.1.3 today and I am wondering if I should do it or if anyone is having new issues with the update. Suggestions? Thanks!

iPhone 6

Jan 30, 2015 11:13 PM in response to KNH55

iPhone bluetooth are not supposed to connect to other phones.

Read the BT profile: iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles - Apple Support

8.1.3 Release

This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements, including:

• Reduces the amount of storage required to perform a software update
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and FaceTime
  • Addresses an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
  • Fixes an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
  • Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Jan 31, 2015 12:30 AM in response to KNH55

Hi,

I might wait still a few days more worth of feedback. For example I'm having a bit bad experience updating from 8.1.2 -> 8.1.3 my iPad Air, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 Plus. For some reason (haven't really paid attention to iPad given its huge battery) all my upgraded mobiles are consuming way more battery at the moment. By way more I mean: in less that 24h (maybe 17?) iPhone 5 is dead, iPhone 5s at 37% and iPhone 6 is at 45%. This definitely wasn't the case earlier, nor have I done any changes other than the upgrade. I haven't been figure out the cause yet.

And here I'm not talking about active use of mobiles during the 24h except two calls with iPhone 6 and occasional battery level check, so essentially at least the 5* mobiles have been all idle.

Jan 31, 2015 8:14 AM in response to KNH55

No prob! 🙂

Just an additional note. While staying away from home today I noticed the battery life and Standby vs Usage values were behaving pretty much normal.

The issue I have could be related to iTunes wifi sync and/or the Handoff functionality. I have here three laptops and several mobiles so you never know if they're just being together overly talkative networking wise or checking each other's presence too more often to even have battery impact.

I'll test a bit more having MacBooks shut down just to remove some factors.

-p

Jan 31, 2015 8:34 AM in response to KNH55

KNH55 wrote:

Thank you very much for your input! I think I will wait a few days. I hope your battery life gets better on all of your updated devices!!

Just FYI, if you're planning on reviewing this forum for 'feedback' about how iOS 8.1.3 is working, that's a bad idea. Here's why.

The vast majority of people that come to this forum do so because they are having problems. The millions of people that have no problems don't come to this forum. It's like going to a hospital to observe and determine if the people of that city are sick or not. If you are watching only a place where sick people go, then you'll assume everyone in the city is sick.

Historically, the vast majority of iOS users never have a single problem. Therefore, the expectation should be the same for the average user.

Jan 31, 2015 1:45 PM in response to Tiammatj

Ok, with laptops shut down the mobiles are again behaving just as they did earlier. Maybe I haven't had earlier laptop / iTunes running all night long so I haven't noticed the iTunes wifi sync even if idle actually consumes quite a bit of battery, or maybe it has something to do with Handoff... go figure. But with laptops shut down the mobiles again enter standby and I don't see any extra battery drain.

Is updating to 8.1.3 worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.