Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.1.4 can't share to Vimeo

Finished making a video in FCPX and shared it to YouTube. All was well. Then I decided to share to Vimeo too. When it was done processing and uploading, the notification popped up and I clicked the "Visit" button. When it opened in my browser, I was on YouTube, not Vimeo. When I logged into Vimeo, the video was nowhere to be found. On YouTube, no additional videos had been added, just the originally uploaded one.

Tried this about 5 times with the same result, making sure I wasn't an idiot who accidentally clicked YouTube instead of Vimeo.

I'm stumped. I also tried duplicating the project as a snapshot and re-sharing to Vimeo. Same result. I tried adding a "New Destination" and re-entered everything for Vimeo. Same result. ***? I've been able to share to Vimeo in the past, countless times, with this very same version of FCPX. The only thing that has changed recently is that I installed iTune 12.1 today, and also recently installed Security Update 2015-001 and upgraded Logic Pro X to 10.1 (probably not relevant, but thought I'd mention it.). Could these have affected things?

System: FCPX 10.1.4, Mac OS X 10.9.5, Mac Pro Early 2008, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16 GB RAM

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 3:05 PM

8 replies

Jan 30, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Russ H

Ok. My gut feeling says it has something to do with (what I assume is) FCPX performing a quick check during the share process to determine whether the project has already been exported and uploaded in its present version (i.e. it hasn't been modified since the last time it was shared, so it skips the upload). Perhaps it only does this for large files, not sure.

Otherwise, I would expect multiple copies to be show up on YouTube (or Vimeo). Something is making it think it has already been uploaded to that location.

Mar 3, 2015 6:57 PM in response to fronzey

So I'm back with more information. Share to Vimeo still doesn't work. However, it seems that the "Visit" button takes me (unexpectedly) to the last location I shared to, not necessarily YouTube. My last share was to a flat file at 1080p. I tried uploading to Vimeo at 720p. FCPX processed it, and said it was done, but when I clicked the "Visit" button, it opened finder and took me to the 1080p file (still 1080p, so nothing was overwritten). Not sure why things are disappearing into the void, but I'm choosing instead to share to a master file (fit for Vimeo) to disk, and then uploading from there.

FCPX 10.1.4 can't share to Vimeo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.