Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix a problem with my book pro that has a gray screen with a folder with a question mark on it

does any one know how to fix a problem with my book pro that has a gray screen with a folder with a question mark on it?

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 3:36 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Mokhtary123

Hello Mokhtary123 and welcome to Apple Support Communities,

It will help us diagnose your problem to know the exact model, size, year built, RAM installed and OS you're running.

But basically your system can't find the boot disk. Usually this is a symptom of a dead/dying/corrupted hard drive;

A flashing question mark or globe appears when you start your Mac - Apple Support

OS X Recovery

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4718

how to fix a problem with my book pro that has a gray screen with a folder with a question mark on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.