Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone message iPhone 4

When my wife and I got iPhone 5, we handed down our iPhone 4 to our kids to use as iPods. My son's has been a bit buggy lately and I was trying to restore it. After backing it up and deleting the phone, I can't restore because I'm getting this message: "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting go activate. Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone" in iTunes. When I try on the phone, it says "SIM Required Please insert a SIM card."

We got the iPhone 4 through verizon, there is no SIM card. How do I get around this and restore his phone from the backup?

The iPhone has never been jailbroken. I restored it once before without having this issue. Help!

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 5:07 PM

You really can't restore it, as its a CDMA phone, and can only be activated on a Verizon account. You should consider getting him an iPad Touch and restoring the iPhone backup to it.

5 replies

Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone message iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.